Block Offer 2018
Interested parties are invited to nominate areas to be considered for inclusion in Block Offer 2018.
Nominations are a key part of the annual allocation process. They assist New Zealand Petroleum & Minerals (NZP&M) to select, refine and prioritise release areas, ensuring the most prospective acreage is offered to industry.
Nominations and supporting documentation must be emailed to email@example.com before 5pm New Zealand time (NZDT) on 22 May 2017.
Nominations can be made for any part of New Zealand’s onshore or offshore territory - including the Exclusive Economic Zone or areas released in previous Block Offer rounds - and should be made on the basis of prospectivity.
Each nomination should be over an area of contiguous acreage, and there is no limit to the number of nominations a nominee can make.
Nominees are under no obligation to bid on nominated areas, and NZP&M makes no guarantee that nominated areas will be included in the proposed or final block selection.
If you have any questions on the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final release areas will be announced in early 2018.
Required submission information
All submissions must include:
- Nominee details, including:
- Company name
- Company address
- Contact person and contact details
- Area descriptions, including:
- Basin and/or sub-basin
- Approximate size in km2 for each nomination
- Supporting technical information such as regional geology, play concepts, or exploration targets.
- Maps of the nominated area in one of the following formats: .shp, .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .docx.
- Any other relevant information
File attachments must not exceed 50 MB.
Where necessary, NZP&M may seek additional information from the nominee to clarify a submission.
All submissions received are held in strict confidence.